March 2, 2011 — Are you looking for a way to be more involved with the department Something to put on your resume A chance to recruit top-notch High School and General Engineering students into the EE or CpE major.
Then we have an opportunity for you!
We are recruiting 5-7 EE/CpE students for the ECE Student Ambassador Team for 2011/2012. If interested, you may look at our attached Mission Statement and submit the application no later than noon on March 14, 2011. If you have questions, please email Paula Van Curen or stop by the office in 340 Whittemore.
The ECE Department Student Ambassadors is a diverse group of motivated and dedicated undergraduate volunteers who assist the ECE Department with its recruiting efforts.
- Conducting ECE info sessions for prospective students and conducting tours of department facilities and labs (training provided).
- Assisting the ECE Department with recruiting events, i.e., Engineering Open House, Hokie Focus, Admissions Open House.
- Conducting the fall semester information session for General Engineering students enrolled in ENGE 1024.
- Corresponding with prospective students through email or phone.
Student Ambassadors will participate throughout the Fall 2011/Spring 2012 semesters. In addition to providing an important service to the department, this program is a fun way to network with faculty, alumni and students within the department and college. It's also a great way to build your resume in the area of service and university involvement.
CpE and EE undergraduates in good academic standing are eligible to apply.
What are we looking for in an ECE Student Ambassador
- A confident public speaker. You will be speaking to small and large groups of prospective students and families.
- Some knowledge of the opportunities available to undergraduate students in the ECE department (co-op/internships, undergraduate research, study abroad, extracurricular activities such as the VT chapter IEEE, team projects).
Download an application (MS Word .DOCX file) to get started.