New research group dedicated to ICs and antennas (Oct. 2012)
ICTAS research awards 2012 (July 2012)
Breaking the terahertz barrier (2012 Annual Report)
Office: Room 460 Whittemore Hall
Mailing Address: 302 Whittemore (0111)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Tel: (540) 231-7778
Fax: (540) 231-3362
vt.edu Email: kkoh
Affiliated Research Group
Multifunctional Integrated Circuits and Systems Group (MICS)
Title: Assistant Professor
Ph.D., University of California, San Diego, 2008
M.S., Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (KAIST), 2001
B.S., Chung-Ang University, Korea, 1999
RF, analog and mm-wave integrated circuits and systems; Mixed-mode integrated circuits and systems; Low-power low-noise electronics; High-power electronics
Low power RF, analog and mixed-mode ICs; High-efficient power amplifiers; Integrated tunable filters; mm-wave circuits and systems; Tera-hertz electronics
- Seyed Yahya Mortazavi and Kwang-Jin Koh, “A 28-GHz Inverse Class-F Power Amplifier with Coupled-Inductor based Harmonic Impedance Modulator,” IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), San Jose, USA, September 2015.
- Laya Mohammadi and Kwang-Jin Koh, “2-4 GHz Q-Tunable LC Bandpass Filter with 172-dB.Hz Peak Dynamic Range, Resilient to +15-dBm Out-of-Band Blocker,” IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), San Jose, USA, September 2015.
- Dongseok Shin, Sanjay Raman, and Kwang-Jin Koh, “A 0.6-V, 30-GHz Six-Phase VCO with Superharmonic Coupling in 32-nm SOI CMOS Technology,” IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), San Jose, USA, September 2015.
- Laya Mohammadi and Kwang-Jin Koh, “Integrated C-Band (4-8 GHz) Frequency-Tunable & Bandwidth-Tunable Active Band-Stop Filter in 0.13-μm SiGe BiCMOS,” IEEE Int. Microwave Symposium (IMS, Best Paper Award - Second Place), May 2015.
- Sadia Afroz and Kwang-Jin Koh, “94 GHz Bidirectional Variable Gain Amplifier in 0.13-μm SiGe BiCMOS for Phased Array Transmit and Receive (T/R) Applications,” IEEE Int. Microwave Symposium (IMS), May 2015.
- Seyed Yahya Mortazavi and Kwang-Jin Koh, “A 38 GHz inverse class-F power amplifier with 38.5% peak PAE, 16.5 dB Gain, and 50 mW Psat in 0.13-μm SiGe BiCMOS,” IEEE RFIC Symposium, May 2015.
- Seyed Yahya Mortazavi and Kwang-Jin Koh, “A Class F-1/F 24-to-31GHz power amplifier with 40.7% peak PAE, 15dBm OP-1dB, and 50 mW Psat in 0.13-μm SiGe BiCMOS,” IEEE Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) Digest, 2014.
- Kwang-Jin Koh and Hedieh Elyasi, “Time-Interleaved Phased Arrays With Parallel Signal Processing in RF Modulations,” IEEE Trans. on Antenna and Propagation (shorted-listed paper for IEEE AP Society R. W. King Award), vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 677-689, February 2014.
- Kwang-Jin Koh, Seyed Yahya Mortazavi, and Sadia Afroz, “Time Interleaved RF Carrier Modulations and Demodulations,” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 573-586, February 2014.
- Kwang-Jin Koh, Jason W. May, and Gabriel M. Rebeiz, “A Millimeter-Wave (40-45 GHz) 16-Element Phased-Array Transmitter in 0.18-um SiGe BiCMOS technology,” IEEE J. Solid State Circuits (JSSC, included in a DARPA War Report to U.S. Pentagon as a major agency’s achievement), vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 1498-1509, May 2009.