Office: 470 Whittemore
Mailing Address: 302 Whittemore (0111)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Tel: (540) 231-4942
Fax: (540) 231-3362
vt.edu Email: ha
Affiliated Research Group Director: Multifunctional Integrated Circuits and Systems Group (MICS)
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Iowa, 1986
M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Iowa, 1984
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, 1974
Analog IC Design, RF IC Design, Power Management Circuits for Energy Harvesting, Electronic Circuits
Analog / RF ICs, Circuits, and Systems
- Energy Harvesting ICs and Circuits
- Power Management ICs
- High Temperature RF Circuits, ICs, and Systems
- J.M. Salem and D.S. Ha, “Dual Use of Power Lines for Design-for-Testability (DFT) - A CMOS Receiver Design,” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, 9999.
- S. Priya, Y. Zhou, A. Chopra, S.-G. Kim, I. Kanno, L. Wu, D.S. Ha, and J. Ryu, “Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting: Materials, Methods, and Circuits,” to appear in Energy Harvesting and Systems, 9999.
- X.-D. Do, H.-H. Nguyen, S.-K. Han, D.S. Ha, and S.-G. Lee, “A Self-Powered High-Efficiency Rectifier with Automatic Resetting of Transducer Capacitance in Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 444-453, March 2015.
- J.H. Hyun, D.S. Ha, D.D. Han, and C.-M. Kyung, “A Solar Energy Harvesting System for a Portable Compact LED Lamp,” to appear in 41st Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2015), November 2015.
- B. Cassidy, D.S. Ha and Q. Li, “A Constant ON-Time 3-Level Buck Converter for Low Power Applications,” IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), September 2015.
- T. Yeago, J.H. Hyun, D.S. Ha and Q. Li, “A Two-phase Buck Converter with Optimum Phase Selection for Low Power Applications,” IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), September 2015.
- L. Wu, D.S. Ha, J. Kuang, X.-D. Do, and S.-G. Lee, “An Active Rectifier with Optimal Flip Timing for the Internal Capacitor for Piezoelectric Vibration Energy Harvesting,” IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), pp. 684-687, August 2015.
- J. Chong and D.S. Ha, “A 100 Gb/s Transimpedance Amplifier with Diode-Connecting Input-Resistance-Reduction in 32 nm CMOS Technology,” IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), pp. 684-687, August 2015.
- N. Kong and D.S. Ha, “Low-Power Design of a Self-powered Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting System With Maximum Power Point Tracking,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 2298-2308, May 2012.
- S. Wang, V. Chawla, D.S. Ha, and B. Kim, “Low-Voltage Low-Power 1.6 GHz Quadrature Signal Generation through Stacking a Transformer-Based VCO and a Divide-by-two,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems - I, Vol. 59, No. 12, pp. 2901-2910, December 2012.