When it comes to cancer, too much data is not enough (2013 Annual Report)
Guoqiang Yu joins ECE (Aug. 2012)
Office / Mailing Address: Virginia Tech Research Center - Arlington
900 N. Glebe Rd.
Arlington, VA 22203
vt.edu Email: yug
Title: Assistant Professor
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2011
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, 2004
B.S., Electronics Engineering, Shandong University, China, 2001
Postdoctoral Fellow, Stanford University School of Medicine, 2012
Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Optimization, Stochastic Signal Processing.
Machine learning, signal and image processing, applied statistics, and their applications to developing computational bioinformatics and systems genetics tools, for the integrated modeling and analyses of various human diseases using multiplatform genomic, epigenetic and molecular data.
- Yinxue Wang, Guilai Shi, David J. Miller, Yizhi Wang, Gerard Broussard, Yue Wang, Lin Tian, and Guoqiang Yu*, “FASP: A Machine Learning Approach to Functional Astrocyte Phenotyping from Time-Lapse Calcium Imaging Data,” the International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI'16), April 2016.
- Yizhi Wang, Guilai Shi, Yinxue Wang, Lin Tian, Guoqiang Yu*, “PPSD: Probability Principled Synapse Detection,” BioImage Informatics Conference 2015, October 2015.
- Bai Zhang, Xuchu Hou, Xiguo Yuan, Ie-Ming Shih, Zhen Zhang, Robert Clarke, Roger R. Wang, Yi Fu, Subha Madhavan, Yue Wang, Guoqiang Yu*, “AISAIC: a software suite for accurate identification of significant aberrations in cancers,” Bioinformatics, 2013.
- Xiguo Yuan, Guoqiang Yu, Xuchu Hou, Ie-Ming Shih, Robert Clarke, Junying Zhang, Eric P. Hoffman, Roger R. Wang, Zhen Zhang, and Yue Wang, “Genome-wide Identification of Significant Aberrations in Cancer Genome,” BMC Genomics, 2012.
- Guoqiang Yu, Bai Zhang, G. Steven Bova, Jianfeng Xu, Ie-Ming Shih, Yue Wang, “BACOM: In silico detection of genomic deletion types and correction of normal cell contamination in copy number data,” Bioinformatics, 2011.
- Li Chen, Guoqiang Yu, Carl D. Langefeld, David J. Miller, Richard T. Guy, Xiguo Yuan, David Herrington and Yue Wang, “Comparative analysis of methods for detecting interacting loci,” BMC Genomics, 2011.
- Guoqiang Yu, Huai Li, Sook Ha, Ie-Ming Shih, Robert Clarke, Eric P. Hoffman, Subha Madhavan, Jianhua Xuan, Yue Wang, “PUGSVM: A caBIGTM analytical tool for multiclass gene selection and predictive classification,” Bioinformatics, 2011.
- Guoqiang Yu, Yuanjian Feng, David J. Miller, Jianhua Xuan, Eric P. Hoffman, Robert Clarke, Ben Davidson, Ie-Ming Shih, and Yue Wang, “Matched gene selection and committee classifier for molecular classification of heterogeneous diseases,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, 2010.
- David J. Miller, Yanxin Zhang, Guoqiang Yu, Yongmei Liu, Li Chen, Carl D. Langefeld, David Herrington, and Yue Wang, “An algorithm for learning maximum entropy probability models of disease risk that efficiently searches and sparingly encodes multilocus genomic interactions,” Bioinformatics, 2009.
- Wennuan Liu, Sari Laitinen, Sofia Khan, Mauno Vihinen, Jeanne Kowalski, Guoqiang Yu, Li Chen, Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian, Jun Luo, Yue Wang, Jianfeng Xu, William B. Isaacs, Tapio Visakorpi, and G. Steven Bova, “Copy number analysis indicates monoclonal origin of lethal metastatic prostate cancer,” Nature Medicine, 2009.