Office: 202-A Holden
Mailing Address: 302 Whittemore (0111)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Tel: (540) 231-3551
Fax: (540) 231-8919
vt.edu Email: louis.guido
Title: Associate Professor
(Jointly appointed with MSE)
Ph.D., University of Illinois, 1989
M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois, 1983
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Polytechnic Institute of New York, 1982
Semiconductors and Microelectronics, Power Electronics, Photonics and Optics, and Circuits and Electronics
Semiconductors and Microelectronics, Power Electronics, Photonics and Optics , and Circuits and Electronics
- “GaN-on-Metal Power Devices” / Commonwealth Research Commercialization Fund / VTech Funding Award = $150,000 / PI = Guido (100%) / Performance Period = August 1, 2012 to July 31, 2013.
- “Ultra-Low-Power Indium Arsenide Nitride Semiconductor Transistors” / NSF (SBIR – Phase II) / Subcontract from QuantTera, Inc. / VTech Funding Award = $187,000 / PI = Guido (100%) / Performance Period = November 1, 2011 to October 31, 2013.
- “Indium Nitride Quantum Dot Solar Cells” / NASA (STTR – Phase II) / Subcontract from Kopin Corporation / VTech Funding Award = $180,000 over 2 years / PI = Guido (100%) / Performance Period = September 5, 2008 to September 4, 2010.
- R. Welser, A. Sood, O. Laboutin, L. J. Guido, N. Dhar, and P. Wijewarnasuriya, “Quantum Well and Quantum Dot Energy Harvesting Devices,” SPIE Defense Security Symposium (paper 8035-52), Orlando, Florida, April 2011.
- R. Welser, A. Sood, Y. Puri, O. Laboutin, L. J. Guido, N. Dhar, and P. Wijewarnasuriya, “High-Efficiency InN-based Quantum Dot Solar Cells for Defense Applications,” Proceedings of the SPIE, vol. 7683, pp. 76830R 1-7, April 2010.
- L. J. Guido, “Impurity-Induced and Impurity-Free Layer Disordering,” Proceedings of the Nick Holonyak, Jr. 80th Birthday Symposium, vol. University of Illinois Press, 2009.
- R. Kini, K. Nantapot, G. Khodaparast, and L. J. Guido, “Time Resolved Measurements of Spin and Carrier Dynamics in InAs Thin Films,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 103, pp. 064318, 2008.
- M. Gherasimova, R. Wheeler, L. J. Guido, K. Chang, and K. Hsieh, “Arsenic Incorporation Behavior in Nitrogen-Rich GaNAs Alloys Synthesized by MOVPE,” MRS Symposium Proceedings, vol. 798, pp. Y10.41.1-Y10.41.6, 2004.
- B. Dickerson, B. Heath, L. J. Guido, K. Stevens, C. Lutz, E. Rehder, and R. Welser, “GaInP/GaInAsN/GaAs N-p-N Bipolar Transistors: Influence of Base Layer Composition and Alloy Grading on Device Performance,” International Conference on GaAs Manufacturing Technology, vol. GaAs MANTECH Technical Digest, 2003.
- B. Gaffey, L. J. Guido, X. W. Wang, and T-P. Ma, “High-Quality Oxide/Nitride/Oxide Gate Insulator for GaN MIS Devices,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 458-464, 2001.
- N. Rex, R. Chang, and L. J. Guido, “Threshold Lowering in GaN Micropillar Lasers by Means of Spatially Selective Optial Pumping,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 13, pp. 1-3, 2001.
- S. Chang, N. Rex, R. Chang, G. Chong, and L. J. Guido, “Stimulated Emission and Lasing in Whispering Gallery Modes of GaN Microdisk Cavities,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 75, pp. 166-168, 1999.
- L. J. Guido, P. Mitev, M. Gherasimova, and B. Gaffey, “Electronic Properties of Arsenic-doped Gallium Nitride,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 72, pp. 2005-2007, 1998.