Cooperation for better wireless networks (2012 Annual Report)
Luiz DaSilva promoted to Professor (June 2011)
Spectrum sensing algorithms for cognitive radio (2011 Annual Report)
FINS to accelerate deployment of seamless mobile networks (2010 Annual Report)
Orchestrating the end of manual network design (2010 Annual Report)
Offices: Virginia Tech Research Center - Arlington, 900 N Glebe Road, Arlington, VA, 22203
Mailing Address: 4300 Wilson Blvd.,
Arlington, VA 22203
Tel: (571) 858-3145
vt.edu Email: ldasilva
Title: Research Professor
Ph.D., The University of Kansas, 1998
M.S., The University of Kansas, 1988
B.S., The University of Kansas, 1986
Telecommunications, Networking, Computer engineering
Resource management in wireless networks, cognitive networks, dynamic spectrum access, game theory
- Y. Xiao, G. Bi, D. Niyato, and L. A. DaSilva, “A Hierarchical Game Theoretic Framework for Cognitive Radio Networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 2012.
- Z. Khan, J. J. Lehtomaki, L. A. DaSilva, and M. Latva-aho, “Autonomous Sensing Order Selection Strategies Exploiting Channel Access Information,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2012.
- I. Macaluso, T. Forde, L. A. DaSilva, and L. E. Doyle, “Recognition and Informed Exploitation of Grey Spectrum Opportunities,” IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 85-90, 2012.
- R. E. Irwin, A. B. MacKenzie, and L. A. DaSilva, “Traffic-Aware Channel Assignment for Multi-Radio Wireless Networks,” IFIP Networking, Prague, Czech Republic, May 2012.
- Y. Xiao, L. A. DaSilva, and X. J. Zhang, “On the Diversity-Multiplexing Tradeoff of an Improved Amplify-and-Forward Relaying Strategy,” IEEE Communication Letters, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 482-485, April 2012.
- Z. Khan, S. Glisic, L. A. DaSilva, and J. Lehtomaki, “Modeling the Dynamics of Coalition Formation Games for Cooperative Spectrum Sharing in an Interference Channel,” IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 17-30, March 2011.
- N. Theis, R. W. Thomas, and L. A. DaSilva, “Rendezvous for Cognitive Radios,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 216-227, February 2011.
- R. S. Komali, R. W. Thomas, L. A. DaSilva, and A. B. MacKenzie, “The Price of Ignorance: Distributed Topology Control in Cognitive Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1434-1445, April 2010.
- J. E. Suris, L. A. DaSilva, Z. Han, A. B. MacKenzie, and R. S. Komali, “Asymptotic Optimality for Distributed Spectrum Sharing Using Bargaining Solutions,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 5225-5237, October 2009.
- R. W. Thomas, D. H. Friend, L. A. DaSilva, and A. B. MacKenzie, “Cognitive Networks: Adaptation and Learning to Achieve End-to-end Performance Objectives,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 51-57, December 2006.
Game Theory for Wireless Engineers
Authors: Allen MacKenzii, Luiz DaSilva
Series Editor: William Trenter
Morgan and Claypool
Designing CDMA 2004 Systems
Authors: Luiz DaSilva, L. Korowajczuk, B. Zavier, A. Moreira Fartes, L. Ribeiro, C. Korowajczuk