Yizheng Zhu joins ECE (Aug. 2012)
Office: 303 Collegiate Square
Mailing Address: 302 Whittemore (0111)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Tel: (540) 231-1973
Fax: (540) 231-3362
vt.edu Email: yizhu1
Affiliated Research Group
Center for Photonics Technology
Title: Assistant Professor
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2007
M.S., Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University, 2000
B.S., Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University, 1998
Optics and photonics, electromagnetics, optical microscopy, biomedical optics, fiber optics, optical waveguides.
Optical coherence imaging, quantitative phase/polarization microscopy, biomedical interferometry, optical nanometrology, optical biosensing.
- M. Rinehart, Y. Zhu, and A. Wax, “Quantitative phase spectroscopy,” Biomedical Optics Express, pp. 958-65, 2012.
- Y. Zhu, N. Terry, and A. Wax, “Angle-resolved low coherence interferometry: an optical biopsy technique for clinical detection of dysplasia in Barrett’s esophagus,” Expert Review of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 6, pp. 37-41, 2012.
- Y.Zhu, N. Shaked, L. Satterwhite, and A. Wax, “Spectral-domain differential interference contrast microscopy,” Optics Letters, vol. 36, pp. 430-2, 2011.
- N. Terry, Y. Zhu, M. Rinehart, etc., “Detection of dysplasia in Barrett’s esophagus with in vivo depth-resolved nuclear morphology measurements,” Gastroenterology, vol. 140, pp. 42-50, 2011.
- Y. Zhu, N. Terry, J. Woosley, N. Shaheen, and A. Wax, “Design and validation of an angle-resolved low coherence interferometry fiber probe for in vivo clinical measurements of depth-resolved nuclear morphology,” Journal of Biomedical Optics, vol. 16, pp. 011003, 2011.
- Y.Zhu, M. Giacomelli, and A. Wax, “Fiber-optic interferometric two-dimensional scattering measurement system,” Optics Letters, vol. 35, pp. 1641-3, 2010.
- N. Shaked, Y. Zhu, N. Badie, N. Bursac, and A. Wax, “Reflective interferometric chamber for quantitative phase imaging of biological sample dynamics,” Journal of Biomedical Optics, vol. 15, pp. 030503, 2010.
- Y. Zhu, X. Chen, and A. Wang, “Observation of interference in a fiber taper interferometer with a subwavelength tip and its sensing applications,” Optics Letters, vol. 34, pp. 2808-10, 2009.
- Y. Zhu, N. Terry, and A. Wax, “Scanning fiber angle-resolved low coherence interferometry,” Optics Letters, vol. 34, pp. 3196-8, 2009.
- N. Shaked, Y. Zhu, M. Rinehart, and A. Wax, “Two-step-only phase-shifting interferometry with optimized detector bandwidth for microscopy of live cells,” Optics Express, vol. 17, pp. 15585-91, 2009.