Office: 459 Durham
Mailing Address: 302 Whittemore (0111)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Tel: (540) 231-3777
Fax: (540) 231-3362
vt.edu Email: binoy
Affiliated Research Group
Systems Software Research Group
Ph.D., Computer Science, The University of Texas at Arlington, 1998
ECE/CS 5510 Multiprocessor Programming
ECE 5550 Real-Time Systems
ECE 4574 Large-scale Software
ECE 4564 Network Application Design
ECE 3574 Applied Software Design
Systems software. Operating systems, distributed systems, real-time systems, virtualization, run-times, middleware, networks.
- HyFlow Distributed Transactional Memory
- Popcorn Multikernel Linux
- HydraVM Automated Concurrency Refactoring Virtual Machine
- ChronOS Real-Time Linux
- Resilire: High Availability Virtualization
- P. Lu, A. Barbalace, and B. Ravindran, “HSG-LM: Hybrid-Copy Speculative Guest OS Live Migration without Hypervisor,” 6th Annual International Systems and Storage Conference (SYSTOR'13), Haifa, Israel, June 2013.
- M. Mohamedin, B. Ravindran, and R. Palmieri, “ByteSTM: Virtual Machine-level Java Software Transactional Memory,” 15th International Conference on Coordination Models and Languages (COORDINATION'13), Firenze, Italy, June 2013.
- M. Saad, M. Mohamedin, and B. Ravindran, “HydraVM: Extracting Parallelism from Legacy Sequential Code Using STM,” 4th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Parallelism (HotPar'12), Berkeley, CA, USA, June 2012.
- A. Turcu and B. Ravindran, “On Open Nesting in Distributed Transactional Memory,” 5th Annual International Systems and Storage Conference (SYSTOR'12), Haifa, Israel, June 2012.
- M. Dellinger, P. Garyali, and B. Ravindran, “ChronOS Linux: A Best-Effort Real-Time Multiprocessor Linux Kernel,” ACM Design Automation Conference (DAC'11), San Diego, CA, USA, June 2011.