Hudait named teacher of the week (Sept. 2013)
Hudait named teacher of the week (April 2012)
Making chips smaller and faster (2011 Annual Report)
Lower-cost solar cells (2010 Annual Report)
Life beyond silicon (2010 Annual Report)
Hudait joins ECE faculty (Sept. 2009)
Office: 626 Whittemore
Mailing Address: 302 Whittemore (0111)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Tel: (540) 231-6663
Fax: (540) 231-3362
vt.edu Email: mantu
Affiliated Research Group
Advanced Devices and Sustainable Energy Laboratory
Title: Associate Professor
Ph.D., Indian Institute of Science, 1999
M.S.E., Indian Institute of Technology, 1992
Intel Corporation, senior process engineer, 2005-2009;
Ohio State University, postdoctoral researcher, 2000-2005;
Central Research Laboratory of Bharat Electronics of India, 1993-2000;
Solid state electronic materials and devices; semiconductors and thin films; semiconductor device physics, optoelectronics and heterostructures; photovoltaics and thermophotovoltaics; III-V compound semiconductors for energy efficient nanoelectronics.
Microelectronics; exploring new materials and device structures using MBE and MOCVD for energy efficient nanoelectronics, high mobility III-V semiconductor heterostructures, strain and bandgap engineering for enhancing hole and electron mobility in low bandgap III-V and Ge quantum well structures, epitaxial growth kinetics, mismatch epitaxy, dislocation and defects confinement into nanoscale for mismatched materials, impact of dislocations on material and device properties, nanowires, thermophotovoltaic and photovoltaic cells on Si substrate for alternate energy sources, novel fabrication techniques and novel device concepts for future nanoelectronic devices.
- M. K. Hudait, Y. Lin, and S. A. Ringel , “Strain relaxation properties of InAsP metamorphic materials grown on InP substrates,” Journal of Applied Physics 105, pp. 061643-1-12, 2009.
- M. K. Hudait, M. Brenner, and S. A. Ringel , “Effect of window layer on In0.69Ga0.31As thermophotovoltaic devices grown on InAsyP1-y step-graded buffers by molecular beam epitaxy,” Solid State Electronics 53, pp. 102-106, 2009.
- G. Dewey, M. K. Hudait, K. Lee, R. Pillarisetty, W. Rachmady, M. Radosavljevic, R. Rakshit, and R. Chau, “Carrier transport in high mobility III-V quantum-well transistors and performance impact for high-speed, low power logic applications,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 29, pp. 1094-1097, October 2008.
- M. K. Hudait et al, “Heterogeneous integration of enhancement mode In0.7Ga0.3As quantum well transistor on silicon substrate using thin (< 2um) composite buffer architecture for high-speed and low-voltage ( 0.5V) logic applications,” International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM) Technical Digest, pp. 625-628, 2007.
- S. Datta, G. Dewey, J. M. Fastenau, M. K. Hudait et al, “Ultra high-speed, 0.5V supply voltage In0.7Ga0.3As quantum-well transistors on silicon substrate,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 28 (8), pp. 685-687, August 2007.
- M. K. Hudait, Y. Lin, P. M. Sinha, J. R. Lindemuth, and S.A. Ringel, “Carrier compensation and scattering mechanisms in Si-doped InAsyP1-y layers grown on InP substrates using intermediate InAsyP1-y step-graded buffers,” Journal of Applied Physics 100 (6), pp. 063705-1-9, 2006.
- M. K. Hudait, Y. Lin, M. N. Palmisiano, C. Tivarus and J. P. Pelz, and S. A. Ringel, “Comparison of mixed anion, InAsyP1-y and mixed cation, InxAl1-xAs metamorphic buffers grown by molecular beam epitaxy on (100) InP substrates,” Journal of Applied Physics 95 (8), pp. 3952-3960, 2004.
- M. K. Hudait, Y. Lin, M. N. Palmisiano, and S. A. Ringel , “0.6-eV bandgap In0.69Ga0.31As thermophotovoltaic devices grown on InAsyP1-y step-graded buffers by molecular beam epitaxy,” IEEE Electron Device Letters 24(9), pp. 538-540, September 2003.
- M. K. Hudait, C. L. Andre, O. Kwon, M. N. Palmisiano, and S. A. Ringel, “High-performance In0.53Ga0.47As thermophotovoltaic devices grown by solid source molecular beam epitaxy,” IEEE Electron Device Letters 23 (12), pp. 697-699, December 2002.
- L. Gao, R. L. Woo, B. Liang, M. Pozuelo, S. Prikhodko, M. Jackson, N. Goel, M. K. Hudait, D. L. Huffaker, S. Kodambaka, M. S. Goorsky, and R. F. Hicks, “Self-catalyzed epitaxial growth of vertical indium phosphide nanowires on silicon,” Nano Letters 9 (6), pp. 2223-2228, 2009.