Office: 615 Whittemore
Mailing Address: 302 Whittemore (0111)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Tel: (540) 231-4942
Fax: (540) 231-3362
vt.edu Email: ha
Affiliated Research Group Director: Multifunctional Integrated Circuits and Systems Group (MICS)
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Iowa, 1986
M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Iowa, 1984
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, 1974
Analog and Mixed-signal IC design, RF IC Design, Low-power VLSI Design, Electronic Circuits
Analog / Mixed-signal / RF IC Design
- Power management ICs and systems for energy harvesting
- RF IC design for wireless sensor nodes and high speed fiber optical communications
- Wireless motion sensors
- Power line communications at integrated circuits and self-contained systems
- S. Wang, V. Chawla, D.S. Ha, and B. Kim, “Low-Voltage Low-Power 1.6 GHz Quadrature Signal Generation through Stacking a Transformer-Based VCO and a Divide-by-two,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems - I, Vol. 59, No. 12, pp. 2901-2910, December 2012.
- D.-Y. Yoon, C.-J. Jeong, J. Cartwright, H.-Y. Kang, S.-K. Han, N.-S. Kim, D.S. Ha, and S.-G. Lee, “A New Approach to Low-power and Low-latency Wake-up Receiver System for Wireless Sensor Nodes,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 47, No. 10, pp. 2405 – 2419, October 2012.
- N. Kong and D.S. Ha, “Low-Power Design of a Self-powered Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting System With Maximum Power Point Tracking,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 2298-2308, May 2012.
- J. Salem and D.S. Ha, “A Robust Receiver for Power Line Communications in Integrated Circuits,” IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), pp. 254-257, August 2012.
- J. Turner, M.N. Ahmed, D.S. Ha, and P. Mattavelli, “A New Approach to the Wide Bandwidth of Piezoelectric Transducers for Vibration Energy Harvesting,” IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), pp. 1064-1067, August 2012.
- C. Quemada and D.S. Ha, “A Compact Resistorless 1.5-V CMOS Current Mirror with a 30-ppm/°C Temperature Coefficient,” International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 3146-3149, May 2012.
- N. Kong, T.S. Deyerle, and D.S. Ha, “Universal Power Management IC for Small-Scale Energy Harvesting with Adaptive Impedance Matching,” Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), pp. 3859–3863, September 2011.
- Y. Shim, S. Yuwono, S.-J. Kim, J.-M. Kim, S.-K. Han, S.-G. Lee, and D.S. Ha, “A 520 pJ/pulse IR-UWB Radar for Short Range Object Detection,” IEEE RFIC Symposium, RMO2A-4 (4 pages), June 2011.