Guoqiang Yu joins ECE (Aug. 2012)
Office / Mailing Address: Virginia Tech Research Center - Arlington
900 N. Glebe Rd.
Arlington, VA 22203
vt.edu Email: yug
Title: Assistant Professor
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2011
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, 2004
B.S., Electronics Engineering, Shandong University, China, 2001
Postdoctoral Fellow, Stanford University School of Medicine, 2012
Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Optimization, Stochastic Signal Processing.
Machine learning, pattern recognition, signal and image processing, applied statistics, and their applications to developing computational bioinformatics and systems genetics tools, for the integrated modeling and analyses of various human diseases using multiplatform genomic, epigenetic and molecular data.
**GRA openings. Send email inquiry**Selected Publications:
- Xiguo Yuan, Guoqiang Yu, Xuchu Hou, Ie-Ming Shih, Robert Clarke, Junying Zhang, Eric P. Hoffman, Roger R. Wang, Zhen Zhang, and Yue Wang, “Genome-wide Identification of Significant Aberrations in Cancer Genome,” BMC Genomics, 2012.
- Guoqiang Yu, Bai Zhang, G. Steven Bova, Jianfeng Xu, Ie-Ming Shih, Yue Wang, “BACOM: In silico detection of genomic deletion types and correction of normal cell contamination in copy number data,” Bioinformatics, 2011.
- Li Chen, Guoqiang Yu, Carl D. Langefeld, David J. Miller, Richard T. Guy, Xiguo Yuan, David Herrington and Yue Wang, “Comparative analysis of methods for detecting interacting loci,” BMC Genomics, 2011.
- Guoqiang Yu, Huai Li, Sook Ha, Ie-Ming Shih, Robert Clarke, Eric P. Hoffman, Subha Madhavan, Jianhua Xuan, Yue Wang, “PUGSVM: A caBIGTM analytical tool for multiclass gene selection and predictive classification,” Bioinformatics, 2011.
- Guoqiang Yu, Yuanjian Feng, David J. Miller, Jianhua Xuan, Eric P. Hoffman, Robert Clarke, Ben Davidson, Ie-Ming Shih, and Yue Wang, “Matched gene selection and committee classifier for molecular classification of heterogeneous diseases,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, 2010.
- Yuanjian Feng, Guoqiang Yu, Tian-Li Wang, Ie-Ming Shih, and Yue Wang, “Analyzing DNA copy number changes using fused margin regression,” Intl J of Functional Informatics and Personalized Medicine, 2010.
- David J. Miller, Yanxin Zhang, Guoqiang Yu, Yongmei Liu, Li Chen, Carl D. Langefeld, David Herrington, and Yue Wang, “An algorithm for learning maximum entropy probability models of disease risk that efficiently searches and sparingly encodes multilocus genomic interactions,” Bioinformatics, 2009.
- Wennuan Liu, Sari Laitinen, Sofia Khan, Mauno Vihinen, Jeanne Kowalski, Guoqiang Yu, Li Chen, Srinivasan Yegnasubramanian, Jun Luo, Yue Wang, Jianfeng Xu, William B. Isaacs, Tapio Visakorpi, and G. Steven Bova, “Copy number analysis indicates monoclonal origin of lethal metastatic prostate cancer,” Nature Medicine, 2009.