Office: 428 Whittemore
Mailing Address: 302 Whittemore (0111)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
vt.edu Email: yamanc
Title: Assistant Professor
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2006
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey, 2001
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey, 1998
Power System Analysis & Design; Power System State Estimation; Fundamentals of Energy Markets and Applications of Optimization Methods in Power Systems; Circuits
Power system dynamic/static state estimation; impacts of integrating large-scale renewable sources on the power system operation; smart grid applications in power system operation, monitoring and control using PMUs; transient and steady state power system analysis (operation & control); fault location in transmission and distribution networks using wavelet transform; visualization of power systems
- Nevada Department of Transportation; Assessment of Alternative Energy Applications at the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT); 2009 - 2010
- Department of Energy and Nevada Renewable Energy Consortium; Forecasting Wind and Solar Resources and Renewable Energy Storage Feasibility in Complex Terrain; 2010 - 2011
- C.Y. Evrenosoglu, A. Abur, E. Akleman and O. O. Ozener, “Bewley Diagrams Revisited via Visualization,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 1401 - 1407, August 2009.
- C.Y. Evrenosoglu and A. Abur, “Time Series Modeling of Voltage Transients Along Transmission Lines,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 172 - 178, February 2007.
- C.Y. Evrenosoglu, A. Abur and E. Akleman, “Three Dimensional Visualization and Animation of Traveling Waves in Power Systems,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 77, no. 7, pp. 876-883, May 2007.
- C.Y. Evrenosoglu and A. Abur, “Effects of Measurement and Parameter Uncertainties on the PTDFs,” Probability In The Engineering And Informational Sciences, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 175 - 182, January 2006.
- C.Y. Evrenosoglu and Ali Abur, “Travelling Wave Based Fault Location for Teed Circuits,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 1115 - 1121, April 2005.