Wireless security: From Android to 5G (2012 Annual Report)
Charles Clancy joins ECE (Aug. 2011)
Office: 5-034 VTRC-A
Mailing Address: Virginia Tech Research Center - Arlington, Room 5-034
900 N. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22203
vt.edu Email: tcc
Title: Associate Professor
Ph.D., Computer Science, Univeristy of Maryland, College Park, 2006
M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2002
B.S., Computer Engineering, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, 2001
communications, information theory, networks
wireless security, cyber security, electronic warfare, secure mobile communications and computing
- T. Clancy, A. Khawar, T. Newman, “Robust Signal Classification using Unsupervised Learning,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, April 2011.
- T. Clancy, “On the Use of Interference Temperature for Dynamic Spectrum Access,” Annals of Telecommunications, August 2009.
- Y. Wu, B. Wang, R. Liu, T. Clancy, “Repeated Open Spectrum Sharing Game with Cheat-Proof Strategies,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, April 2009.
- T. Newman, T. Clancy, M. McHenry, J. Reed, “Case Study: Security Analysis of a Dynamic Spectrum Access Radio System,” IEEE Global Communications Conference, December 2010.
- T. Clancy, N. Goergen, “Security in Cognitive Radio Networks: Threats and Mitigation,” Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks and Communications, May 2008.
- T. Clancy, J. Hecker, E. Stuntebeck, T. O'Shea, “Applications of Machine Learning to Cognitive Radio Networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, August 2007.
- A. Mishra, M. Shin, N. Petroni, T. Clancy, W. Arbaugh, “Proactive Key Distribution using Neighbor Graphs,” IEEE Wireless Communications, February 2004.
- T. Clancy, D. Lin, N. Kiyavash, “Secure Smartcard-Based Fingerprint Authentication,” ACM Multimedia, November 2003.