Chao Wang named Outstanding New Assistant Professor (April 2013)
ICTAS Research Awards 2012 (July 2012)
Multi-thread multi-core...a single bug (2012 Annual Report)
Chao Wang joins ECE (Aug. 2011)
Office: 353 Durham Hall
Mailing Address: 302 Whittemore (0111)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Tel: (540) 231-6904
Fax: (540) 231-3362
vt.edu Email: chaowang
Affiliated Research Group
Center for Embedded Systems for Critical Applications (CESCA)
Title: Assistant Professor
Ph.D. University of Colorado at Boulder, 2004
M.S. E.E., Peking University, China, 1999
B.S. E.E., Peking University, China, 1996
Testing and verification, algorithms and data structures, concurrent programming
Automated verification, software engineering, programming languages
- V. Kahlon and C. Wang, “Lock removal in concurrent trace programs,” CAV, 2012.
- C. Wang, M. Said, and A. Gupta, “Coverage guided systematic concurrence testing,” ICSE, 2011.
- N. Sinha and C. Wang, “Interference abstraction,” POPL, 2011.
- N. Sinha and C. Wang, “Staged concurrent program analysis,” FSE, 2010.
- V. Kahlon and C. Wang, “Universal Causality Graphs: A Precise Happens-Before Model for Detecting Bugs in Concurrent Programs,” CAV, 2010.